26 Aug 1977 – PNPA was created as a police and fire service training institution with the enactment of Presidential Decree No. 1184 otherwise known as the Integrated National Police (INP) Professionalization Law of 1977.
12 June 1978 - PNPA was formally organized and activated pursuant to Department of National Defense Order No. 83 issued on May 25, 1978.
30 Jun 1978 – Fifty (50) police cadets were admitted to compose the pioneer Maharlika Class 1980 and in formal ceremony, inducted into the Corps of Cadets, INP.
19 Aug 1978 – PNPA moved from INP Training Command Headquarters, Fort Bonifacio, Makati to Camp Vicente Lim, Calamba, Laguna.
07 Aug 1980 – Conferred the BSPS degree to forty- five (45) INP officers of Special Public Safety Course “Maharlika” Class of 1980.
15 Jan 1981 – Presidential Decree No. 1780 was enacted granting Academic Charter to PNPA elevating its status into a state university and as the premier educational institution of the country’s national police force.
13 Dec 1990 – Republic Act 6975 transferred the administration and supervision of PNPA from the Philippine National Police (PNP) to the Philippine Public Safety College (PPSC) which was created
01 May 1993 – Admitted female cadets in the cadetship program in consonance with Republic Act 7192 (The Women in Development and National Building Act).
16 Apr 1994 – PNPA transferred to its permanent home, Camp General Mariano N Castañeda, Silang, Cavite.
06 April 1995 - PNPA had its first woman graduate
12 June 2003 – PNPA 25th Founding Anniversary with former President Fidel Ramos as Guest of Honor and Speaker.